Change is a coming … to Twitter that is! The rollout is happening slowly, but everyone will have it soon and there are 5 tips that will help you make your page beautiful! The re-design of the Twitter profile pages is focused on larger graphics, custom header, larger profile pic and most popular tweets. Does the new large header and profile photo now on the left look a tad bit like Facebook? Yep, I would say so!
The good news is the new makeover allows brands and businesses to make a bigger visual impression and will have us all working hard to see what will and won’t work with this new version of Twitter.
While you wait for your page to show up with the new profile layout, we’ve created 5 tips to work on so you are ready for the update! (oh and by the way, if you sign up for a new account you will have the new layout).
The Old vs The New
The Old: (I’m still waiting for mine.)
The New: The first #NewTwitter profile I found was my Life on Fire Friend, Dr. ChristineKaczmar
Optimized New Layout: Ellen DeGeneres:
Here is what you need to know!
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger.
- Profile photos. New size will be 400 pixels by 400 pixels.
- Header image. This main image will fit the size of the browser. Recommended upload size is 1500 pixel by 500 pixel image.
- Pinned Tweet: You will know be able to pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page. (hmmm… didn’t Facebook have that?)
- Filtered Tweets: When on someone elses page, you will be able to choose which timeline to view when checking out profiles. You’ll be able to choose to filter by: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
What are your thoughts on the new layout? Too similar to Facebook? Do you think it will make it easier to use? Give us your feedback!