By: Kayvon Bahmanyar @KayvonZD
Alright everyone…it’s that time of year again. Portland has missed you and wants you back here. The rain has gone and businesses are reorganizing for 2011. The annual SearchFest hosted by SEMpdx will be returning to the Governor Hotel in Portland on February 23rd. If you’re a small business or a start-up company this is one opportunity you should not pass up. Do you want to learn the newest Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques? Do you want to build and strengthen your social media knowledge and skills? This is the place to do so. Below are just a few reasons why we believe you should come.
- Variety of Content: SearchFest will have speakers from leading companies that will cover:
- Advanced SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Universal Search Marketing Strategy
- Social Analytics
- Paid Search Marketing
- Advanced Pay-Per-Click
- Mobile Marketing Tactics
- Future of SEM: Chris Sherman (@cjsherman) and Chris Boggs (@boggles), leaders in the industry, will explain the future of SEM and how you can expand your company
- Networking: Meet numerous marketing experts from around the country to find new partners and clients. Speakers from companies such as SEOmoz, BlueGlass, Portent Interactive, Intel, REI, and the New York Times.
- Strategies: Learn new ways to build and strengthen your SEM operations and how to increase visibility in search engine result pages.
- Mobile Marketing Tactics: Focusing on the benefits of mobile opportunities.
- New Ideas: Learn cutting edge techniques to provide an additional channel for customer support and obtain competitor insight.
- Get Feedback: Get your questions answered during breaks and after every session during the 15 minute Q&A. Don’t forget the after parties!!
- Pre-Event Workshop: Learn all the skills on how to market your business online. A variety of topics ranging from the best SEO techniques to maximize your exposure on local search engines and social media campaigns will be covered.
- Post-Event Workshop: The Online Marketing Institute (OMI), a career development organization, will focus on how to strengthen your online marketing initiatives as well as provide you hands on training.
- C’mon it’s Portland: We have everything over here: rain, snow, Voodoo Donuts, food carts, shopping with no sales tax, Powell’s Books, pioneer square, the Blazers and 46 amazing micro-breweries. Portland’s light rail system will take you where you want to go. You think you can pass that up?